Friday 24 August 2012

No Holiday on Weekends: The Curse of My Destiny


My last three blogs have been hardcore marketing posts but this time I have taken a sabbatical from writing on marketing and want to convey the sorrow of not getting any weekend off since last 11 months. I am a mass communication graduate and pursued a job in Indian Holiday Pvt Ltd. to become independent and fulfill my needs and requirements. But destiny had some other plans for me, my father encouraged or I should rather say forced me to pursue masters course in journalism and mass communication from IP University. I would like to mention that my bosses and seniors were extremely helpful that they granted me two Saturdays off to pursue my post graduation classes without any hassle.  

A student getting bored in the class
Initially I thought that it would be an add-on in my curriculum vitae  but all my expectations drowned to dust in first few weeks. My encounter with some highly qualified teachers in the first trimester was absolute ordeal. They might have achieved greater heights in the professional field but were really hopeless when it comes to teaching. While one of the teachers was constantly singing the glorious history of journalism throughout the first session, the second one was so much in love with the word blog that he didn’t go forward to explain anything else. I won’t mention their names as it may create some controversies later but I would not like to see their face ever again as teachers. Adding to this ordeal experience was our regular college staff that I would say are good for nothing. No guidance for lab work, no coordination with students and totally a step motherly treatment.

Sometime I feel that all my colleagues must be enjoying their weekends with their wives, girlfriends or friends and I attend the boring lectures of my college professors. I’m fed up with this balance between work life and studies and certainly on the verge of breaking down and if the situation goes like that I’ll become mad in another few weeks.  My heart cries for a weekend holiday and that is the curse of destiny on me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment