Saturday 6 October 2012

Facebook Turns Greedy with ‘Promote’ Button


Hi Folks! I can’t express how great it feels to be back into the world of blogging. Before going further with my today’s post, I would like to apologize for being on a sabbatical for quite a long time. To tell you the fact, I was juggling with the dynamics of my daily life- job, studies, exam and much more. Now, I won’t bore you with my trouble tale any further and straight away jump to the topic of my today’s blog post regarding Promote button on Facebook.
Facebook- the very word has become quite a phenomenon in the current social media scenario. Devised by Mark Zuckerberg along with his fellow college mates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes, this social networking site went online in February 2004. If popularity statistics of Facebook are anything to go by, it has 955 million active users both via computer and mobile device.
Over the years of its inception, the creators of Facebook have introduced several changes in the outlook and user interface of this social media site such as pop up photo windows, video calling, the activity wall on the right hand side of the page wherein one can see the updates by their friends and the latest being ‘timeline’ thing.
                                                              
 I understand that the populace active on Facebook have their own set of likes and dislikes for these changes. But whatever you say either one’s own sweet will or compulsion, people have accepted these changes. But this Promote button on Facebook has really put me off. I don’t know about those people who use social media as a vital tool for marketing and promotion. However, I don’t think that it will any sort of meteoric rise to the distribution and traffic that promotional pages are already getting.

If this Promote button on Facebook got acceptance and usage, it would be a slap on the face of general people, celebrities, companies and brands operating on this social networking site. Because this action would indicate that their worth among their friends and ardent fans has decreased and money is the only criteria to rebuild them. At last, I would say using this promote button is entirely up to one’s own discretion but it shows the greedy face of its Facebook makers. 



1 comment:

  1. The Le_Meridian Funding Service went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which i used expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend anyone looking for loan to contact. Email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or lfdsloans@outlook.com.
    WhatsApp ... + 19893943740.

    ReplyDelete